Friday, September 30, 2011

James 1:25

Scripture: James 1:25 
25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it—he will be blessed in what he does.
 
Observations: 
The law that gives freedom! I think of laws and I automatically think of restrictions, and rules, and things I CAN'T do. I love that this law is perfect and it gives freedom. When we are obedient to the Lord and abide by the law, we actually experience a freedom that is much better than the false sense of freedom when we disobey.
 
Application: 
 I babysat and it was such a joy to me to see that both boys minded me. I'd tell them something, and more often than not, they just did it. No questions asked. It is logical, since I'm in charge and I know best, that they would mind me. It's frustrating to me, and parents, and anybody who has ever had to watch a child who refuses to listen, and refuses to do as they are told. It's a struggle, when you know it would be so much easier if they would just obey. It's the same with the Lord, and I think it's why we are told to have faith like a child. When they mind and they submit, it's a joy. I want to be a joy to the Lord, and fully experience freedom.
Prayer: 
Lord thank You for giving us freedom and a perfect law to follow. You gave us salvation through Christ, and spared us from being held to this law. Help us to obey You out of love, and seek out Your statutes. Teach us to apply what we hear, so we may be blessed for our obedience. In Christ's name I pray, amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment